Monday, June 22, 2009

A busy weekend

It was a busy weekend for us.

Friday was our regular visit to my parents' place in Filinvest, Quezon City. It is at this time every week when my sister & I, & our respective families stay at the house we grew up in so that our kids can have their bonding time with our parents. But last Friday was different. My mom had been suffering from stomach spasms since the night before & so my husband & I decided to accompany her to the E.R. of Capitol Medical. The hospital staff dutifully checked her vital signs, ran tests, & gave her medication. She seemed to have calmed down since then. But the hard part of it all was the waiting. Good thing, my mom didn't need to be confined & so we finally went home to the kids in the afternoon.

The following day, Saturday, we went to a wake (from my husband's side of the family) at the Alphonsus de Ligouri church in Magallanes, Makati City. From there, we did some errands. By nightime, we attended my family's dinner treat for my dad at Saisaki Japanese restaurant, which is famous for their buffets. It was our Father's Day treat for my dad. I really like their steaks but, somehow, that night, I wasn't really up to eating much (probably, due to exhaustion). I didn't go to the buffet line for my usual second serving of food, not even for dessert.

Sunday arrived and it was off to the church in Magallanes again to hear mass & for the necrological service. Then from there, we were off once more to my husband's niece Haley's 1st birthday party at the clubhouse of Filinvest East, Antipolo City.

Never had I experienced a weekend like this...where the themes & occasions are as opposite as night and day!

Today, we all woke up late. Yet, my body still feels exhausted from the weekend. There's still the week ahead to go through. However, for today, I plan to just stay home today with my sweet little Maia & have some quiet, peaceful bonding time. Thank goodness!


Mama Mia is a 30-something wife; stay-at-home mom to one; blogger; and author of Online Confessions of a Stay-at-Home Mom (OCSAHM). Learn more about Mia here, or contact her via this page. You can also get instant updates on this blog by following Mia on Twitter @miadsoriano; by "Liking" the official OCSAHM Facebook page; or by subscribing via Email or RSS.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


Enhanced by Zemanta

Popular Posts

back to top Related Posts with Thumbnails