Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My monthly, crampy feelings

It's that time of the month again...that time when I feel sore and numb at the same time. That time when I feel so lazy and irritable. When I don't feel like eating or going out. At times it would be so bad that I have headaches, nausea & even vomit. Through the years, I've tried a number of pain killers such as Midol, Dolfenal, Flanax, and the like. I try not to think about it and to not let it get the best of me. I keep psyching myself up that it's just all in my mind...but...nah! Dysmenorrhea (in layman's terms, menstrual cramps) is just a whole new ball game.

People even told me it'll get easier once I get married and have a child. But boy, were they wrong! If anything, it feels even worse now that there are other people depending on me to take care of them.

I know, I sound very pessimistic. And if you're a guy, you wouldn't understand what I am going through. I tried describing it to my husband and he still can't imagine how it feels. More often than not, it is HE who gets the brunt of my irritation. Yet, he claims "It's not all that bad." He understands and takes care of me still. I'm very lucky to have such a caring and patient spouse.

What's sad is that my baby daughter is at that stage where she always wants to stay beside and play with me. I can't do that yet since everything in my body feels tender to the touch. So for now, she plays with her dad; and sometimes with her yaya. For now, she is content with our "practice walks" together; with the constant & regular smiles I flash at her; as well as the occasional hugs I give her when she's not so "all over the place."

Just 3 or 4 more days of this...and I'll be back to my old self...I hope!.....aaaarrgh!

back to top Related Posts with Thumbnails