Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

I was fortunate enough to have watched two (2) movies in the past three (3) weeks. The first one being "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." The second one was "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs," which I shall write about in my next blog.

I wrote "fortunate" earlier because in the past, when my husband & I were still boyfriend-girlfriend, even after we got married...and even until the time I was pregnant, we would watch every single blockbuster movie that came out. To be able to watch a double feature was just a normal thing for us. Yes, we were "movie junkies." But then, after my baby girl was born, things changed. Every spare time and money we had and have, we make sure goes to our baby. Not that I am complaining, but now I understand what everybody used to tell me about how having a baby is such a life-altering experience. But I digress. Now, let me get back to my topic...hehehe.

I watched the Transformers sequel free of any expectations since I have heard mixed reviews about the movie. But after having watched it myself, I personally find it interesting and something I can relate to. It's not just simply an action movie, or a movie about good and evil, or even about humans and robots...it's about valuing relationships and stepping up to your destiny. As a mom, I particularly liked the scene at the earlier part of the movie when Sam Witwicky's (played by Shia Lebouf) mother found his baby booties, which made her emotionally-reminisce his baby years, and how she is so sad to see him all grown-up and ready to leave for college. People in the movie-house laughed, I know I did. Maybe some thought it was a bit over-the-top, but I personally found humour in it because, as early as now (when my baby is just a little over a year old), I cry whenever I think about the time when she will go off into the big outside world and marry...and stuff like that. Too much, I know. But that's how I am.

However, if there is one part in the movie which I thought was unnecessary, it would be the part when they first showed Megan Fox's character...sketching something, while sexily hunched over this motorcycle like she was doing a pictorial for playboy or, at the very least, some sports car brand or liquor ad. I know she's sexy and all. But do you really have to pose like that at a greasy fix-it shop, with your father and his male employees around? Doesn't she know she is being exploited on? Or maybe she likes the whole idea of it? I don't know. I don't want to speculate anymore.

Nonetheless, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was a great, entertaining, action-packed, and heart-warming movie for me.

back to top Related Posts with Thumbnails