Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Long Time, No Write

Hi all!  You may have observed that I haven't been blogging for almost 3 weeks now.  Or maybe you haven't.  Hehehe... Whatever the case, I apologize for my "blogging absence".

You see, my husband left for Yokohama on business.  And...call me anything you want...but, since then, I just don't feel like doing anything.  I am just not inspired.  If you must know, I celebrated my 38th birthday last week.  I felt so sad that my hubby couldn't be here for it.  Good thing I have my daughter here, my parents and siblings.

Since my husband left last Halloween, we have been texting each other, voice chatting via Skype, tweeting and "DM-ing" one another, and sending emails.  Thank goodness for technology, right?  I should count my blessings, I guess.

Lately, I have been doing nothing but marathon-watching reruns of Dawson's Creek.  So you see, I actually have time to blog but just couldn't do it.

Good thing that I make time to take my daughter out for walks outside the house every now and then.  Or out grocery-shopping.  It is during those times with Maia that I forget that my hubby is far away.  This afternoon we played in my parents' garden...by the swings.  It felt really good seeing my daughter so happy.  Then I thought, if only her father saw it.  Then proceeded to think about not having a camera on hand because it was also in Yokohama with my husband!  I know, I really need to get a hobby so I don't think of him too much and start to terribly miss him in the process.  Blogging IS actually my hobby!  But like I just said earlier, I couldn't bring myself to do even that.

You think it's just loneliness because hubby is away?  Or could it be a case of "writer's block"? Or perhaps "blogger's burnout"?  I don't know.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Oh well, I won't keep you guys any longer.  I know I am already boring you to pieces.  But, wait...my blog IS called Online Confessions of a Stay-at-Home Mom anyway!  And I think it's better that I get all this out here than have my daughter see this "down" side of me.  So, it's okay for me to vent here every now and then, right?  But, yeah I should stop this now.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out.  Hubby IS coming home this Saturday anyway!  I just pray that the days go by fast! :-)

In the meantime, I promise to NEVER do anything like this again in my future posts.  This is the first and last.  In the future, I will just resort to using twitter or something.  That's more appropriate, I think. (hahaha)

I also promise to post more than I have of late.

So shake it off, Mia!  Brush it off!  Throw away the negative!  Turn on the positive!  Breathe deeply.  Exhale.  Smile!


Mama Mia is a 30-something wife; stay-at-home mom to one; blogger; and author of Online Confessions of a Stay-at-Home Mom (OCSAHM). Learn more about Mia here, or contact her via this page. You can also get instant updates on this blog by following Mia on Twitter @miadsoriano; by "Liking" the official OCSAHM Facebook page; or by subscribing via Email or RSS.
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory


Enhanced by Zemanta
back to top Related Posts with Thumbnails